Zyliss Smooth Blend Mixer & Dispenser
The Zyliss Smooth Blend Mixer and Dispenser is the perfect solution for easily mixing and dispensing batters. Simply place all the ingredients in the mixing jug, attached the mixing arm and mix to achieve a smooth lump-free batter mix. Use the handle trigger to dispense the mixture directly into the pan for drip-free pouring. The easy to read measurement markings give you portion suggestions and the Smooth Blend dismantles for easy cleaning and is dishwasher safe.
Zyliss Smooth Blend Savoury Crepe Cake Recipe
Makes 6 crepes | Preparation time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for crepes:
- 1 cup chickpea flour, sifted
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- A handful of chopped chives
- 1 cup water
- Coconut oil for greasing the pan
Ingredients for the filling:
- ½ cup light mayonnaise or cream cheese
- 200g sliced ham
- Lettuce, 2 leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 avocado, halved & sliced
- ¼ cup chopped green olives
- 2 tbsp chopped chives for garnish
Method for crepes:
- Mix all crepe ingredients in the smooth blend. Pull the handle up and down to mix the ingredients together until smooth. Let the batter sit on the side for around 10 minutes to thicken up.
- Heat up a medium size pan, grease with a little coconut oil. Over the pan squeeze the handle of the smooth blend to release the mixture, swirling around the pan to ensure the batter is spread evenly. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Method for the crepe cake:
- Have ready: room temperature crepes, ham, rinsed and dried lettuce, thinly sliced tomato, cucumber, avocado, eggs (1 sliced and 1 finely chopped), olives and mayonnaise.
- To assemble the crepe cake, place a crepe on a serving plate, spread a thin layer of mayonnaise over the crepe, arrange the ham on top of the mayonnaise layer. Place another crepe on top of the ham layer, spread a thin layer of mayonnaise, arrange the lettuce leaves. Repeat with all the other fillings and crepes. For the top layer, spread a thin layer of mayonnaise, top with finely chopped egg and chives.