Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp ground chia seeds mixed in with 3tbsp water)
- 1 cup dairy free milk (nut or soya milk)
- 1tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1tbsp melted coconut oil plus more for frying
- 1 tbsp maple syrup plus more for serving
- Around 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
To make a chia egg, mix in 1 tbsp of ground chia seeds with 3 tbsp of water and set aside.
Combine the milk and apple cider vinegar, stir well and let it sit on the side for 5-10 minutes to allow it to curdle ever so slightly. Transfer the mixture into the Zyliss Smooth Blend, add chia egg, baking powder, salt, coconut oil and maple syrup and mix well. Now start adding the flour a little at a time (otherwise you might struggle to push the handle up & down) and blend until smooth.
Heat a pan over medium heat and grease with a little coconut oil. Squeeze the Smooth Blend handle directly over the pan and pour the pancake mixture in small circles (allow around 2tbsp per pancake), adding a couple of fresh blueberries into the centre of each pancake. Fry for a couple of minutes on each side until cooked through. Serve immediately with a generous drizzle of maple syrup and fresh blueberries.