Chocolate Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce and Blueberries
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
For the chocolate sauce:
- 4tbsp single cream
- 100g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1tsp butter
For the pancake mixture:
- 120g self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2tbsp melted butter
- 1/2tsp vanilla essence
- 250ml milk
- 100g plain chocolate drops
- As many blueberries as you like!
- Put the sauce ingredients in a small pan and heat over a very low heat until melted. Remove from the heat, stir until smooth and set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients then all the dry ingredients, except the chocolate drops, to the Smooth Blend and secure the lid. Pull the handle to mix together and continue mixing until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and lightly grease with butter.
- Squeeze the handle on the Smooth Blend to dispense 1/10th of the batter into the frying pan. Cook until bubbles start to rise to the surface, scatter with a few chocolate drops, then flip over and cook for a further 30 secs. Lift onto a warm plate and keep warm. Depending on the size of your pan you may be able to cook 2 or 3 pancakes at a time.
- Repeat to make 10 pancakes. Serve the pancakes in a stack. Heap high with blueberries and drizzle with the warm chocolate sauce to serve.